Friday, November 24, 2006

Route 6 Ride!

Hello All and Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone is having a good Turkey Day. I'm emailing to announce that we will be having our ride of Route 6 this coming Sunday, Nov. 23, at 1PM for those of you who are still in town. You can check out the route at: Route 6. Route 6 is the southern-most route in Raleigh's system. It's about 6.5 miles long, which will make for about a 13 mile ride, start-to-finish. Since it's a little farther away from Fred Fletcher Park than usual, we'll be meeting at the intersection of Gorman Street and Thistledown Drive, where there is a gas station for those of you who drive can park your cars (this is also the southern-most end of Route 5). For those of you who will be biking to the start of the ride, if you would like to ride with me, I will be at the intersection of Gorman and Hillsborough (the Meredith Greenway) at 12:30 PM. Please email me if you are going to be there and I will be sure to wait for you.

I hope to see you at the ride this weekend - I'm sure it will be a wonderful opportunity to ride off some potatoes-and-stuffing pounds! If you will be unable to make it to Route 6 this weekend, we will be doing Route 7 next weekend, Dec. 3. Route 7 is our half-way mark through all 14 routes, so we will be celebrating with (alcoholic) beverages aftewards! More details next week.

As usual, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at raleighroutes@hotmail.com. I look forward to seeing some of you out there!

-Jennifer
Raleigh Rides!
raleighrides.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home